Answer: Yes. If your child is 13 years or older, they can use your Xbox Live Gold account. You just need to link their Gamertag to your account. To do this, sign in at xbox.com and follow the instructions on the screen.
If your child is younger than 13 years old, they will need a separate Xbox Live Gold account. You can create one for them at xbox.com/accounts/family-members/.
Do I need a separate Xbox Live account for my child?
Yes, each child will need their own Xbox Live account in order to play online. You can either purchase a subscription for them, or set up a family account which allows you to manage screen time and content restrictions for each individual child. We would recommend the latter option, as it gives you more control over what your children are exposed to while playing online. Plus, it’s always good to have a backup plan in case one of your kids wants to play on a different console than the others. Thank you for taking the time to ask this question!
Can Xbox Live gold be used on two profiles?
Answer: Yes, you can use your Xbox Live Gold membership on two different profiles. However, you can only be logged in to one profile at a time. If you are logged in to one profile and try to log in to another profile with your Gold membership, you will receive an error message.
If you have multiple accounts and would like to use your Gold membership on all of them, you can do so by using the family sharing feature. To learn more about family sharing, please visit Microsoft’s website.
Can I share Xbox Live Gold with family?
Xbox Live Gold subscriptions can be shared with other family members through Family Settings, which allows account holders to manage what their children can see and do when they’re online. As the account holder, you’ll need to sign in to your Microsoft account and go to Family Settings. From there, you can select which family member gets Xbox Live Gold access.
To sharing Xbox Live Gold with others in your family:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to Family settings
- Find the adult in your family who is the primary contact for Xbox Live. The primary contact must be an adult (18 years or older).
3a. If someone else in your
How do I add a child to my Xbox Live account?
Answer: To add a child to your Xbox Live account, you’ll need to create a family group. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Xbox One with your account credentials.
- Press the Menu button on the controller and select “Settings.”
- Select “Sign-in, security & passkey.”
- Select “Family settings.”
- Select “Create or join a family.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create or join a family group.
- Once you’ve joined or created a family group, select your child’s Gamertag and press the A button on the controller to confirm it. That’s it! Your child will now be able to access all