You can change the privacy settings for a Facebook event by editing the event and selecting a new privacy option from the drop-down menu.
The available options will depend on the audience for the event, but you can usually choose between Public, Friends of Guests, Invite Only, or Private.
Keep in mind that changing the privacy setting for an event will also change who can see posts made by people who have RSVP’d to that event.
To edit an event’s privacy settings:
- Go to the event page and click Edit Event.
- Click next to privacy below event Details.
- Select a new privacy option from the drop-down menu and click Save Changes.
how to change Facebook account on oculus quest 2
how to delete facebook account on chrome
how to remove the Facebook account from oculus quest 2
Why can’t I edit privacy on the Facebook events?
There are a couple of reasons why you might not be able to edit the privacy settings on a Facebook event.
First, it’s possible that the event was created by someone else and they have set the privacy settings to ‘Public’ or ‘Friends of Friends. In this case, only the event creator can change the privacy settings.
Second, it could be that your Facebook account is currently set to ‘Limited Profile’ mode. This means that you can only see and interact with a limited amount of information on Facebook.
To fix this, you’ll need to go into your account settings and change your profile back to ‘Standard Mode’.
How do I change event privacy from private to public on Facebook?
To change the privacy of an event from private to public on Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on Events in the left-hand column of your News Feed.
- Find the event you want to change the privacy of and click on it.
- In the right-hand column, below the cover photo and above the guest list, you will see a row of icons. Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of this row.
- A dialog box will pop up with various settings for the event including privacy. Select Public from the dropdown menu next to Privacy and then click Save Changes.
How do I edit the privacy of the event to the public?
There are two ways to adjust the privacy settings of your event.
First, you can edit the privacy settings when you create the event. To do this, click on the ” make this a public event” button when creating the event.
Second, you can adjust the privacy settings after the event has been created in the “edit” tab located within the event. Simply click “Edit” and then select either “Public” or “Private.”
If you want to make your event public after it’s already been created, selecting “Public” will enable anyone on Facebook to see it.
How do I change a Facebook event from private to public in 2022?
If you’ve created a private event on Facebook and you want to change it to the public, you can do so by editing the event settings.
- Navigate to the event page.
- Click Edit Event in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the About tab near the top of the pop-up window.
- Under Privacy, select Public from the drop-down menu next to Event visibility.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the window.
Keep in mind that once you change an event from private to public, anyone on Facebook will be able to see it and join if they’re interested.